10 Best White Nursing Shoes – Reviews & Buyers Guide
The association of the color white with nurses goes back to the early days of this noble profession. The color of nursing shoes has evolved, so, it is not uncommon to see nurses in colors like blue and green. However, many nurses still opt for white. The best shoes for nursing school works just as well in the hospital even with the increased demands placed on them. The important thing is choosing shoes that will bear your weight for hours while keeping your feet comfortable. These are two of the most important criteria when selecting the best shoes for nurses. Here are some of the best footwear that are worth consideration.
See also: Why Do Nurses Wear White Shoes?
Best White Nursing Shoes – Top Picks
New Balance Women’s 411 V1
The women’s 411 V1 from New Balance is a superb choice if you are seeking a walking shoe to give your feet all-around coziness even during extended shifts. It is packed with innovative footwear technologies and designed for both casual and athletic wear. On the whole, the sneaker offers a fantastic balance of durability, protection, and functionality.
- 100 percent leather upper
- Ground contact EVA soles along with rubber pods
- Seam-free design
- Dynasoft midsole cushioning
- EVA foam interior padding
New Balance employed what they call Dynasoft technology for the midsole cushioning. This technology helps ensure the shoe conforms to your precise requirements based on your foot shape, gait, and walking speed. Underfoot comfort is ensured with the help of EVA foam inserts whilst engineered mesh materials fitted on the upper helps ensure excellent breathability.
The New Balance Women’s 411 V1 is perhaps the best white nursing shoes for comfort, durability, style, and safety. The shoe is lightweight, can accommodate a broad assortment of foot sizes, and is offered in black or white editions.
- Breathable mesh upper
- Trendy design
- Durable and slip-resistant outsole
- Arch support could be better
See also: Best Walking Shoes for Nurses
Timberland PRO Women’s 90658
Designed to offer heel-to-toe comfort and stability, these clogs were made specifically to meet the needs of people who are on their feet for long hours. In fact, they are considered by many to be among the best slip-on shoes for nurses. It has its own anti-fatigue technology which adds to the nurse’s sense of wellbeing. The anatomically shaped toe box virtually guarantees a comfortable fit for most foot sizes and shapes. A convenient slip-on is generally preferred by busy nurses and these shoes fall into that category. Since they are 100% leather, you can expect durability and long-term value. It has a tough synthetic sole that can take a beating as the hours go by, and it also keeps pressure off the feet. The microsuede upper linings adds to the feeling of comfort and gives the shoes a more secure fit.
- It has a Scotchgard protector to help make the shoes stain resistant.
- The SafeGrip technology gives the soles great traction.
- These shoes require no breaking in, and they are breathable, making them ideal for working long hours.
- The sturdy construction makes these shoes heavy for some wearers.
- They can make a squeaking noise while you are walking.
- These shoes do not have a lot of arch support.
See also: Best Clogs for Nurses
Skechers Women’s Go Walk 5-15923
It should come as no surprise that a product from Skechers is listed among the best shoes for nurses. The Women’s Go Walk 5-15923 Sneaker features the sturdy construction the brand is known for. Despite its construction, this shoe is also lightweight, allowing easy movement. The premium leather upper adds another layer of strength and gives it a reliable fit. The comfort pillar technology in the outsole gives the wearer a relaxed gait and supports the shape of the feet. An easy slip-on that helps you to get going quickly, these shoes can also be cleaned easily so you will have no trouble keeping them looking good. The dual-density outsole indicates that these shoes are built for working and to last.
- The specially designed Goga Mat inside the shoes pushes air with each step, helping feet to stay cooler during long hours.
- The rubber soles offers very good traction.
- It has a decent level of arch support is complemented by the gentle cushioning for the feet.
- People who have narrow feet may feel that these shoes are a bit wide.
- Some people feel that the design is too plain.
See also: Best Skechers for Nurses
Sticky Women’s Work Shoes
At first glance these shoes have looks like clogs, but you will quickly realize the design and features ranks this among the best slip on shoes for nurses. Made from synthetic material, these shoes have an ultra-modern, sleek look. The roughly one-inch high platform sole gives these shoes a lot of stability. The outsole has a unique design that sets the Sticky Comfortable Work Shoes apart from many other types of nursing shoes. Designed with an antitorsion system, they will provide support not just for the feet and legs, but also for the entire body. The waterproof outsole and upper will keep your feet dry even in wet conditions.
- The rubber sole is non-slip, so these shoes are ideal for hospitals and health centers.
- The shoes are lightweight.
- There is absorbent material in the footbed, so even people who have sweaty feet will feel comfortable when wearing these shoes.
- They not only support the weight of the feet well, they also give arch support.
- Due to minor sizing issues, people usually have to go half a size smaller.
- The level of arch support is not enough for some users.
See also: Best Waterproof Nursing Shoes
Adidas Women’s Ultraboost 20
Another winner from the Adidas brand, the Women’s Ultraboost 20 Running Shoe will quickly grab attention. It scores on every benchmark required by active professionals, and is certainly among the best nursing shoes for standing all day. With an almost gravity-defying insole, these shoes offer a new level of comfort. Since it was designed to handle the pressure of regular running, it is more than capable of standing up to the stress of long working hours. It has an attractive mesh knit and a sleek, compact look that promises an excellent fit. The high, sturdy platform enables stability, and should be ideal for people who struggle with overpronation. These shoes will mold to the shape of the feet but they will not restrict movement. Users have commented on the airy feel this shoe provides, thanks to the embroidered design and the kit upper. The highly responsive midsole allows you to conserve more energy as it offers a light bounce with each step.
- There is extra cushioning in the heel to absorb the pressure of each step and reduce stress on the feet and joints.
- It has a high upper that gives it a more stable fit, makes the shoes more comfortable, and also keeps them from slipping.
- It has a rubber sole for increased shock absorption and better traction.
- These shoes are perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Some users have had sizing issues when trying these shoes for the first time.
- People who have wide feet may experience tightness in the toe box.
- These shoes can cost more than $300.
See also: Best Running Shoes for Nurses
Skechers Women’s Elite Glam Synergy
These Skechers brand shoes combine the convenience of a slip-on with the strength and durability of a working shoe. Featuring a non-marking outsole, they are lightweight, and have a simple design. Designed to be practical instead of flashy, it has limited stitching lines, with holes that seem more stylish than functional. The foam interior cradles the feet, allowing them to settle comfortably whether you are standing or walking. This means nurses can work for hours without their feet feeling overly tired. They will not have that constant need to remove their shoes for a quick foot massage. These slip-on mules can be washed, but most of the time you can clean them with a thorough wiping with a damp rag.
- The soles will not leave marks on floors.
- They are 100% leather, making them very durable.
- These shoes do a good job of absorbing shock to take the pressure off the feet.
- There is a good amount of support for the arches.
- They do not have the kind of arch support typically found in other shoes from this brand.
- They are not very breathable, and some users claim that the memory foam can feel hot after a few hours.
- The sizing might be thrown off slightly if you prefer to wear socks.
- Some users consider the level of slip resistance disappointing.
See also: Best Shoes for Nurses with Plantar Fasciitis
Nurse Mates Women’s Angel Lites 230004
This is not the most attractive option, but the construction and features put it among the best shoes for nursing school and health facilities. It is made from leather and has a no-frills design that should appeal to anyone who prefers practical over flashy. The entire foot is protected from shock by an inner polyurethane core. This is also helped by the thickness of the heel, which is a little over one inch. The ethel vinyl acetate (EVA) unit sole is also designed to lessen the impact of each step, so overall, these shoes are very easy on the feet over the long term. Other great features include the built-in sockliner, the leather upper and the EVA insole. It has a steel shank for enhanced durability and this also enhances the stability of the shoe. The cushiony footbed gives the shoe a luxurious feel.
- Rubber inserts not only absorb shock, they also makes these shoes slip-resistant.
- It utilizes wick technology to pull moisture away from the feet to keep them dry for hours.
- The shoes are lightweight and flexible, enabling easy movement.
- The steel shank provides good support for the arches.
- These shoes sometimes make a squeaking noise as they age.
- The sides of the shoes may start to stretch after regular use over a long period.
See also: Best Shoes For Nurses
Naturalizer Women’s Marianne
This shoe is notable for its feminine, sporty look and pocked design. It is made from high-quality leather so it is durable, but it is light on the feet. It has a synthetic sole, with a platform that is three-quarters of an inch high. The sole supports the feet, especially the heels. There is plenty of cushioning to keep the feet from getting tired during a long workday. It is rounded at the front, and has goring at the sides which helps in slipping these shoes on and off quickly.
- It is available in varying widths, making it easy to find the right fit.
- The footbed is effective at absorbing shock.
- These shoes support the natural movement of the feet.
- They provide good arch support.
- Some wearers experience slight tightness across the forefoot.
- They may start to feel loose as they age.
- These shoes run a bit long, so there may be sizing problems.
- The sole can start to separate from the upper after heavy use.
Crocs Unisex Specialist Ii Clog
These are shoes built to suit the needs of professionals who spend a lot of time on their feet. The platform is only half an inch, but it is dense enough to provide stability and plenty of shock absorption. It features sturdy construction, and has lots of protection for the toes. These clogs have lots of room for the toes to flex naturally. The fully molded design that this brand has come to be known for offers comfort and stability. Plus there is a tough synthetic sole to protect the bottom of the feet. Since they are lightweight and waterproof, these shoes are ideal for healthcare facilities.
- These shoes can be quickly cleaned with soap and water, and they will dry quickly.
- The contoured footbed adds to the feeling of comfort by massaging the feet while you walk.
- There is plenty of arch support.
- They do not have a high level of slip resistance.
- There is no moisture control feature included.
- These shoes may not offer a typical fit when compared to other brands, so finding the perfect size can sometimes be tricky.
See also: Best Crocs for Nurses
KLOGS Women’s Mission Closed
If you are in the market for the best white nursing shoes, this Klogs clog fits the bill. This is because, apart from having a solid white leather upper, the shoe features stretchy side goring, a wide toe box, and a padded collar for a cozy and accommodating fit. Additionally, the clog boasts a detachable footbed that is antimicrobial, odor-resistant, and latex-free. The fascinating characteristic about this footwear is that it comes at a very reasonable price. Besides, the Klogs mission clog provides solutions for healthcare workers who suffer from foot problems like plantar fasciitis since its insole supports custom orthotics.
- Removable insole
- Spacious toe box
- leather uppers
- Synthetic sole
- Side goring
- Antimicrobial footbed
- Available in more than two dozen colors/designs
As regards looks, the Mission has a simple contemporary silhouette with a super sleek appearance. Klogs employed genuine leather in constructing the upper and it features hidden side goring for a flexible snug fit. Further, the inside of the shoe is lined with a detachable latex-free contoured padded footbed with perforations that allow for excellent airflow inside the shoe. This footbed is also anti-fungal and antimicrobial, which means it is well equipped to hold back odor-causing microorganisms.
The outsole and midsole are constructed to be lightweight and are produced using hardwearing polyurethane that provides effective shock absorption. The shoe comes with a synthetic outsole that provides reasonable traction. However, there are some durability issues with the women’s Mission as some wearers report that the upper material began to fall apart after a short while. Simply put, the Klogs’ Mission clog will serve you well if you desire a shoe that delivers impressive coziness and slip-resistance but may not perform so well as regards durability.
If you work mostly on your feet, this KLOG shoe will certainly help keep your feet contented and cozy.
- Simple and stylish
- Extremely comfortable and slip-resistant
- Spacious toe box
- Well padded collar
- Durability problems
See also: How to Clean White Shoes With Baking Soda and Toothpaste
This is not an exhaustive list, as there are other brands that can make a list of the best shoes for nurses. However, the options listed above have gotten the attention of professionals in this field due to their ability to deliver on their specific needs. Additionally, these shoes are generally affordable. They are also made from quality material. This means that you can enjoy the benefits while getting long-term value from your purchase.
Most nurses may not be concerned about the style of their shoes. Comfort and durability are generally the prime concerns for making a selection. Brand recognition is also a factor, as some names are certain to inspire a high level of confidence. People who have issues with overpronation, back pain, or knee pain should certainly consider stability and support. Choose shoes that can absorb shock and therefore lessen the stress on these body parts. This is vital not just for the sense of wellbeing, but also the ability to focus on the job.